Thursday, January 26, 2017

Obligatory End of 2016 Post Part I: Final Statistics from 2016

And we’re back!  Well there we have it, another year has passed and we’ve had another great year of boardgames!  We’re a few weeks into the year and already I’ve seen tons of lists of people’s “best of 2016” lists and I always love to see what other people enjoyed playing.  Now it’s time to start releasing my “End of 2016” posts.  I do this every year and you can feel free to check them out to see what our 2015 looked like.  This post will focus on the statistics from 2016.  As a side note, I’m not counting all Asmodee owned companies as Asmodee.  I’m treating them all as their own developing company, so while Asmodee is definitely the biggest “publisher” I’ve chosen to separate their different companies to make the list more interesting!  After this post I’ll do my annual “Late-ies” awards for my “best of” categories.  After that I’ll tackle the my top interests from the games I haven’t played that came out in 2016 and then a post on the games I’m interested coming up in 2017.  Thanks so much for taking the time to check out this series and I hope you enjoy the read!


Final Statistics from 2016:
Total plays in 2016 – 722
Total unique games played in 2016 – 113
Total new unique games played 2016 – 38
Most total plays in a month – 100 (June)
Most plays of a unique game in 2016 – 79 (FUSE)
Most unique games played in a month – 33 (August)
Most plays of a game in a month – 34 (FUSE/May)
Most months a unique game was played in 2016 – 10 (7 Wonders: Duel/Patchwork)
Total designers (recognized by BoardGameGeek) played in 2016 – 130
Most unique games by a designer played in 2016 – 6 (Antoine Bauza/Uwe Rosenberg)
Most plays of all games by a unique designer in 2016 – 102 (Carl Chudyk)
Total publishers (recognized by BoardGameGeek) played in 2016 – 73
Most unique games by a publisher played in 2016 – 7 (Fantasy Flight Games/Z-Man Games)
Most plays of all games by a unique publisher in 201 – 93 (Asmadi Games)
Total games acquired in 2016 – 54
Total game expansions acquired in 2016 – 25
Total games acquired with a 2016 release date (recognized by BoardGameGeek) – 23
Total game expansions acquired with a 2016 release date (recognized by BoardGameGeek) – 16
Total Half-Dollars (50 plays, or more, of a game) in 2016 - 2
Total Quarters (25 plays, or more, of a game) in 2016 – 3
Total Dimes (10 plays, up to 24, of a game) in 2016 – 14
Total Nickels (5 plays, up to 9, of a game) in 2016 – 22


Half-Dollars in 2016 (total plays in parenthesis):
FUSE (79)
Red7 (76)


Quarters in 2016 (total plays in parenthesis):


Dimes in 2016 (total plays in parenthesis):
Coup (23)
Codenames (22)
Mottainai (17)
Patchwork (16)
Hanabi (10)


Nickels in 2016 (Total plays in parenthesis):
Land 6 (8)
SeaFall (8)
Onirim (5)


There we go!  These are all of the final statistics from our gameplays in 2016.  I have really enjoyed doing this post as I can look back on my year and see what we played and how many times.  It is really interesting to see our trends and what games we really seem to preferFeel free to look more closely at my handle, LateToTheTable, on BoardGameGeek if you want to check out our collection and exactly what we played.  If you’re interested in seeing what our stats were for 2015, check out the link below.


And there you have it.  Keep an eye out for my next post which is one of my favorites, the “Late-ies” awards!  This one may take a little bit as I compile all of the stuff that I think deserves awards but it is a fun postThanks so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed it.  Until next time, game on!

No comments:

Post a Comment